Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Time after Time...

Time...that most precious commodity that we as busy moms never seem to have enough of. Lately, I've been so aware of how quickly time flies, that I was impressed to base our "Oasis" devotional on it. (By the way, "Oasis" is a wonderful ladies group I have the pleasure of leading at our church). I focused on how we, as busy wives and mothers, are each given the same amount of time in a day, it's how we use our time that determines whether or not we are fulfilling God's will for our lives....a very sobering thought :/ . So, since last Thursday, I think I've been overly aware of trying to fit everything in in the course of my day, but now, I think I'm overkilling it a little bit :/ Which, I think is easy for mothers to do...especially, us homeschooling moms. I absolutely adore homeschooling, but with it, definitely can come it's challenges. Good days are awesome...those days where I know the boys are getting it and they actually listened to me and made that separation of teacher and mom, but the not-so-good days, are hard. No, not every day is good, but it's always worth it. Homeschooling definitely fits our family like a glove and to us, there's really no turning back. Nothing great ever comes without it's challenges, and I will just press on through the harder days, as I've always pressed on through the harder days in my life. As far as the time thing goes, it's all about prioritizing....with God always being at the top of the list. Do I fail at that? Yep, but I'm trying to get better. The wise words of my husband are ringing in my ear right now..."Don't sweat the small stuff". If I really take that to heart, I think my days may not be as crazy. Hmm....to be continued....

3 comments:

  1. "it's how we use our time that determines whether or not we are fulfilling God's will for our lives" - that *IS* sobering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may have heard your husband actually say that a time or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He says it all the time girl...than one, and "It is what it is"...it used to get on my nerves until I took the time to take it in...now, I get it:)

    ReplyDelete