Saturday, July 18, 2009

Emotions

Well, it's 2 days away from surgery (I can't believe I am writing that, it's been such a long road) and I am pretty much numb. I feel like God is just leading me and I am doing everything I need to do to get through the day. I was a little upset this morning, just because everything hit me (I have those times every now and then) and Isaac told me "Just think, next week this time this thing that has consumed our life for the past 3 months will be over.", and that put my mind at ease a little bit. I get upset when I start thinking about the actual procedure and what's it's going to be like to let him go....it just tears me up. BUT, I really can't let my mind go there. So, I choose to be numb versus being a basketcase. So now Lord, lead me. Get me up and out of bed on Monday morning and help me as I embark on a process, as hard as it may be, that I know will make my child's life better. Isn't that our job as parents? It's just not easy, ever, whether your dealing with a fever in the middle of the night or approaching your baby's surgery. I heard a quote the other day that really spoke to me; "I never knew my heart could come out of my body and walk around on it's own, until I had a child. Truer words have never been spoken.....

1 comment:

  1. I will be lifting you all up in prayer tomorrow. Love you!

    ReplyDelete