Friday, July 24, 2009
Great is Thy Faithfulness...
Well....so much has happened since my last post!! I thought I would have really good internet access in the hospital, so forgive me for not updating sooner. Today is Friday, July 24th....four days after Will's operation and everything went SO WELL!!! The other side of surgery feels SO much better! These past four days have been a whirlwind, but I can tell you that God had his hand in every minute detail of this week. He has been so faithful from beginning to end. The recovery that Will is making is miraculous. He is pretty much back to his normal self again....eating, playing with his brothers, crawling, it's just amazing. WE SERVE A MIGHTY, AWESOME POWERFUL GOD and to HIM BE ALL THE GLORY!!! God has never failed me, never, and if I praise Him for the rest of my days it would not be enough! I want to share something that happened on the day of surgery that shows His provision during our darkest times.
We dropped Zac and Ben off at Allen and Doris's house (my in-laws) and were getting ready to get in the car to head over to the hospital. Then Doris said "Look at that yellow finch". Well, I'll be honest, I have never seen a yellow finch in my life (not that I can recall). I thought those were birds that you buy in pet stores, like parakeets....I had no idea they were in NC. I think Isaac and I both said something like "Oh that's neat" and went on our way to hospital.
A few hours later, while we were in the 5th floor surgery waiting room during the procedure, there was a lull in the conversation me, Mom, Stephanie and Heidi were having. Out of the blue, my sister Stephanie said "There has been a yellow finch flying back and forth along these windows as long as we've been sitting here." Isaac and I looked at each other....we immediately knew that was God's sign that he was with us and that His angels were watching over us. That one yellow finch then became about 5 that were perched atop of the tree that was right at the window. Isaac said he envisioned those as angels that were talking to each other, making sure we were ok.
It's amazing what God uses to show His love for us. A finch (probably one of the smallest birds) was used by Him to show us that He was watching over Will and watching over us.
This process is still ongoing, as Will is still in recovery, but I want to say this: Isaac and I know what life is all about....it's not about material things, money, stuff, or anything else the world has to offer. It's about family, it's about praising God and clinging to Him everyday of our life. God is the giver of life, and we owe Him everything. Every good and perfect gift comes from above!!!
Throughout this week, this song has been in my mind every day as a song of praise.
"Great is Thy faithfulness, Great is Thy faithfulness, Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided, Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
God is so GOOD!!!
ReplyDeletePraise God for His faithfulness!
ReplyDeletePraise God.....and I'm about in tears about the yellow finch...God is so Awesome.
ReplyDelete