Saturday, May 30, 2009

In the Waiting..

As of today, we STILL don't have a surgery date yet. You can imagine how frustrated we are...I still call every other day just to check on it and now I am sensing frustration in their voices when they realize it's me. How hard is it to schedule a surgery that needs to be done sooner rather than later? I know the surgery involves 2 doctors and there has to be a time in their schedules when they can both be there, but seriously? Insurance has gone through...so, now we are just trying to get an OR scheduled. I am amazed at how long things take in the medical world....and those of you out there in the medical profession, I am not saying anything against you (as I used to work in healthcare marketing) but in my mind, there is no reason why this should take this long. In my last phone call (on Thursday), the neurosurgeon's scheduler said "There is a possiblility we can schedule it for this Tuesday, but if that doesn't work it will have to be mid-June due to the doctor being on vacation." Isaac thinks she told me the Tuesday thing just to put me off...because yesterday I was waiting on them to call, and of course, no call. So now, there is pretty much no way Tuesday can happen due to 2 pre-op appts. that would have to take place before then (one at the plastic surgeon and one at Cranial Technologies...where he will be fitted for his helmet). I know this is a long post...it's mostly for me to have an outlet to vent, but thanks for listening.:) I just wanted to let you all know what the status is. PLEASE pray for this to get scheduled soon...it is no fun having this hanging over our heads and feeling our life is on hold. One positive thing about it though..it is giving us time to "wrap our heads" around the concept of surgery, which is a good thing. We will keep you posted as soon as we hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment