Wednesday, May 20, 2009
What a Whirlwind...
Hey ya'll...so, I've decided to start a blog about our current "life journey" we are experiencing for many reasons 1) to chronicle these times so we can look back and remember how God carried us through this and 2) to keep you all updated on our boys and how they're doing. I have been putting updates on Facebook and will continue to do so, but more of the details will be on here.
I can't really begin to go into all of the emotions we are experiencing every day. Some days are better than others....but everyday God gives me that "peace that passes all understanding" and tells me He is taking care of Ben and Will (and Zac too!). He assured me they were His before they were mine....so of course He is holding them in the palm of His hand.
We're kind of in an in-between time right now for Ben and Will. Sometimes I feel that my full-time job is to be on the phone all of the time making appointments for my babies...after all, us parents are the best advocates for our children aren't we? However, I get really frustrated when I don't feel that the office workers have my children's best interest at heart....I know they are doing their job, but things just seem to take foreverrrrr to get done! I always want things to be done yesterday, but God is trying to teach me patience through this too...He has to be!
So, we are waiting for Will's surgery to be scheduled (of course the workers say their hands are tied because of insurance pre-cert procedures) and we're waiting on Ben's Dr. to make about 3 referrals for therapies for him. I know I am bugging his office staff, but we are really tired of waiting. We were always told "He needs to have a diagnosis before we can see him", now we have the diagnosis and it's still taking forever. Sorry to vent....just been one of those days!
So, today, our prayer request is for things to get done and scheduled quickly! Especially Will's surgery...the longer away it is the more it's on our minds. Thank you all for your prayers and support! I will continue to update you all on how everything's going!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Caroline, I am so sorry that you and your family are having to go through all of this. With Will, I will tell you that it is sooooo good that you caught his need for surgery before he got too old for the surgery. We have 2 very dear friends whose children had the surgery done between 10 and 11 months old. The kids came through it great!!! Jumping up and down in the bed, with a bandage on and IV's in and everything. And now their heads are perfect! So, as much as I know you don't want him to go through this, he will be better off for it and no one will ever see the scar later as he grows hair! Thank God for surgeons! My prayers and thoughts are with you.
ReplyDelete