Ben is a little boy of few words, but when he says something, you better listen. It's funny, but that's what my grandfather said about me when I was little. He doesn't say "I love you" as much as we would like him to, but when he does, it's extra special. He is our little reminder that we need to appreciate the little things in life.
Yesterday one of those little things happened when I was practicing a song I am singing with the choir in a few weeks called "I Will Carry You". We were in the lineup waiting to pick up Zac at school and while practicing my song, I heard this little voice in the back singing the chorus word for word....here is what he was singing (to the top of his lungs):
My child, when you can't go on another mile, I will carry you,
Through the heartache of your greatest trial, I will carry you,
My arms are strong and tender, my faithfulness is true, I will carry you,
You can trust me and I, I will carry you....
Needless to say when I heard him singing this my eyes filled with tears. It's as if God reached down and gave me a big hug and a kiss...He knew that's what I needed at that time. Always listen for the "little things".....that's when God speaks the loudest.
No comments:
Post a Comment